Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The World Needs More Dexters.....

So, only seven days left in my academic pursuit for this semester. Muy excited. It's crazy to look around at all the people here in school, listen to their conversation, and realize just how unguided most of the youth in todays world is.
I am one of those who does not know exactly where I am headed with this college path, or where it will take me into a lifetime career. But the majority of the people around me have no goals whatsoever beyond living out another summer by drinking and partying then possibly coming back to slog through another two semesters of school.
It's a little depressing to think of all the brilliant young minds being wasted, I see people with talent all around me; kids in the band who could be musicians, some handing in essays that are almost ready to be published nationally, others handle math so easily it's like their native language and english is their second. And most of these kids have no clue what to do with their talents and no drive or inspiration to find a way to utilize them.
It keeps bringing me back to the realization that God is the only answer in this world and to serve Him with our talents and abilities is the only calling that really satisfies that unrest inside us.
"sigh"  we are a generation of wasted ability, is there going to be any revival of great thoughts, arts, and reasoning? There doesn't appear to be even a glimmer of it.
And that, my friends, is my cheerful thought for the day ;-)
On a happy side note, there was a graduates breakfast this morning and even though I'm not graduating this year they let me eat some food :-D